A document that includes a deed certifying that the Prudential Committee of the Trustees of Amherst College assigns, releases, and conveys certain tracts of land in Amherst to the Charity Fund Board of Overseers. The deed specifies that the tracts of land include land conveyed to the Trustees by Elijah Dickinson and by Jerusha and Moses Dickinson. It is stated that the deed is for the security of a loan of ten thousand dollars from the Charity Fund. The deed of release from the Board of Overseers to the Trustees is attached to the last page of the document and it certifies that the ten thousand dollars has been repaid. Various individuals signed or contributed to the document: Elijah Boltwood, Lucius Boltwood, Heman Humphrey, Nathaniel Smith, John Leland, Rufus Graves, Lewis Strong, Samuel Osgood, Cyrus Mann, Ithamar Conkey, A.W. (Andrew Wood) Porter, Thomas Bond, and William Hyde, Harvey Hirkland, Levi Lyman, Lucius Boltwood, and one illegible signature. The deed is dated April 1, 1826 and the deed of release is dated August 10, 1847. Dates of additional notes on the documents range from August 24, 1826 to August 20 1847.