Appointments for the Junior Exhibition, 1823 June 24
Amherst College was conceived out of the previously existing Amherst Academy and was founded in 1821 as the Collegiate Institution. From 1821-1825 the College was known primarily as the Collegiate Institution or the Amherst Institution. In 1825 the institution was granted charter by the Massachusetts State Legislature and was thereafter known as Amherst College.
1 item (2 pages)
A list of appointments for the Collegiate Institution's 1823 Junior Class Exhibition to take place on the day of Commencement, August 27, 1823. The document includes students' names and their assignment of an oration, dialogue, dissertation, disputation, or poem for the Exhibition. Also included is a note on the maximum durations of the various exercises. The first page indicates that the list was created on June 24, 1823 while a note on the back states June 23, 1823.
List of All Images
Direct Link to Digital Object's IIIF Presentation Manifest V3